glockrussmanscorner@gmail.com

“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it and institute new government . . .”—United States Declaration of Independence

Friday, September 2, 2011


As a little boy I dreamed of becoming a police officer, saving people in distress, helping the elderly cross the street, and protecting the American way from injustice. I often arrested adults with only a plastic badge and an honorable intent. Of course I always carried a piece, you know the cap gun with the orange plastic piece on the end of the barrel. When I was a pre-cop I always walked the beat ready to settle disputes, the other kids were always happy to have me around.

Now I am a little older, 30 years or so, and the idea of becoming a “cop” isn't quite as glorifying. As a matter of fact, my first encounter with law enforcement was down right disturbing. As an 18 year old quasi rock star, my best friend and I were ready to pack it up and travel down to Florida and get discovered. The night before we left my girlfriend was at a sleep over with her friends, she wasn't thrilled with my impending adventure to say the least. Short story shorter, the police arrived at the party while my girlfriend and I were arguing on the phone. A state trooper got on the line and told me they wanted me and my buddy to meet him.

Being very naive, my buddy wanting to state his case, we met with the trooper. It was then on a dark road we parked and 4 off duty state troopers appeared, they surrounded my car. They rummaged through all of our packed belongings and asked my buddy why his hair was long. They then asked, “ Are you a fag? Do you wear your mothers clothes?” They then made him exit the car and do push ups on the gravel, while putting the heal of their boots in his back. As this situation spiraled out of control they demanded he take his jacket off, why would they do that? My buddy began to cry as he refused to take off his jacket, for fear they were going to hurt him.

I understand that a police officers choice of occupation can potentially put them in peril on any given day. I also acknowledge that there are literally thousands of unsung heroes who choose to protect our streets every day and risk their lives to save ours. With that said, law enforcement officers work for us, the tax paying citizen. To be a free man, yet be subjected to the mercy of another man who can legally take your life or at the very least your freedom, is significant.

Police officers are endowed with a great responsibility, as a matter of fact, the closer we arrive to an all out Progressive Police State, the more significant they become. Some people will tell you that "They're only human", well guess what they're right. And as a human being you must respect the rights of other individuals, if you have the legal power to annihilate a mans life or extinguish it, there is no room to be morally absent. Simply don't work in law enforcement.

                                           **** This video is raw and inappropriate for children

No comments: